Riyadh is the capital and largest city of Saudi Arabia, located in the region of Nejd, on a large plateau of the Arabian Peninsula. It has a population of just over 5 million.
It has a desert climate with extremely hot summers and temperatures exceeding 45 ° C and winters are fairly mild but cold early mornings. In the winter is the only time of year when the city gets some rain or hail.
The city of Riyadh is divided into 15 municipalities, in addition to the Diplomatic Quarter, while in the northwest, the ruins of ancient Diriyah Saudi capital are located.
Olaya is the commercial and residential area of the city, offers tourists accommodation, restaurants, entertainment and shopping of various products. The Kingdom Centre, Al and Al-Tahlya Faisalyah are the most recognized places in the area.
The Diplomatic Quarter is where they reside embassies and international organizations. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens and ideal place for sports activities. It is a popular area for its architecture and model for other Islamic cities.
Al-Dirah and Al-Bathaa are the heart of Riyadh and the Old Town, where the most outstanding monuments such as the fortress of Al Masmak, one of the main monuments of the city are located in the west are the museums of History Riyadhy and Archaeology of the prestigious Murabba palace.
Most Prominent Places In Riyadh:
- Riyadh old town: the old city area also includes Diriyah and many other ancient peoples who are part of the city. Retains many of the old buildings well maintained, the most popular are Al Masmak Castle, Qasr Al Hokom, the water tower, clock tower known as “Clocktower” and the prestigious neighborhood of Battah with its many markets.
- Kingdom Center: the tallest skyscraper in Saudi Arabia, with a height of 303 meters, is one of the tallest buildings in the world. The tower gives welcome to the highest mosque in the world.
- Al Faisaliyah Tower: is one of the most popular buildings in the city, the first skyscraper built in Saudi Arabia. At the top of the tower lies the golden ball and inside it houses a restaurant and is located under a large shopping center with the most prestigious brands in the world.
- Torre Al Anoud: a large commercial building located on the street King Fahd, with a height of 146 meters.
- Al-Masmak Castle: Located in the historic heart King Abd al-Aziz, is a kind of castle-palace, built in 1865 under the rule of Mohammed Abdullah.
- Botanical Garden of the King Saud University: is a botanical garden located in Rida, with one hectare.